300g Beef Tendons, dried or ready to cook.
250g Chicken Drumsticks
500ml, Rice Wash
3 tsps. Lemon Juice
2 tsps. Lemon Rind (thick outer cover or skin)
¼ cup Lemon Grass (tanglad), finely chopped
4 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
½ pack Kangkong
4 pcs Lady Finger /Green long Chilies
¼ cup Spring Onions, finely chopped
2 tbsps. Peanut Oil
1 cup Radish, peeled and cut diagonally
1 cup Yam (Gabi or White Ube)
¼ cup Barrio Fiesta Fish Sauce
- Combine the finely chopped lemon grass and garlic to form a “lemon grass garlic paste”. Pound using mortar and pestle to a paste consistency.
- Boil and simmer beef tendons for about 2 hours until very tender. Cut into bite sizes.
- Sauté chicken drumsticks with beef tendons and “lemon grass garlic paste” until slightly cooked. Add spring onions, lemon juice and lemon rind. Then add the rice wash. Let it simmer for 30 mins.
- Add radish and yam, simmer for another 10 minutes or until fork tender.
- Add kangkong. Season with Barrio Fiesta Fish Sauce. Garnish with lady finger chilies. Serve while hot.
- Makes 6-8 servings