Barrio Fiesta Pork & Chicken Adobo
- 11⁄2 lbs. Pork Belly, chopped
- 11⁄2 lbs. Chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 3 to 4 pieces Dried Bay Leaves (laurel leaves)
- 2 tsps. Whole Black Peppercorn
- 1 head Garlic, slightly crushed
- 6 tbsps. Barrio Fiesta Tubasuk (any variant)
- 1⁄2 cup Barrio Fiesta Bagoong Sweet
- 3⁄4 to 1 cup Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Oyster Sauce
- 3 tbsps. Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- Pinch of Salt to taste 3 tbsps. Cooking Oil
- Marinade chicken and pork pieces in soy sauce, a tsp. of cracked black peppercorns and Barrio Fiesta Bagoong Sweet for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a pan
- Once the oil becomes hot, add the garlic. Cook until the color turns golden brown. Remove the garlic and set aside.
- Add the marinated pork and chicken (reserve marinade). Cook until the color turns light brown.
- Add the remaining whole peppercorn, bay leaves, oyster sauce, reserved marinade, and water. Let it boil and simmer until the meat gets tender.
- Add the brown sugar and stir.
- Pour-in Barrio Fiesta Tubasuk (any variant) and let it boil. Simmer until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Add salt to taste. Put-in the fried garlic, stir, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Makes 6 servings