Kesong Puti Dynamite Lumpia
Dynamite spring rolls, also known as dynamite lumpia, are a popular variation on cheesy spring rolls. They’re made with siling haba (capsicum annuum) – a mild, not very spicy, light green chili – stuffed with mild kesong puti and grated cheddar to make them soft and melty after deep frying. For best results, mix Barrio Fiesta Bagoong Spicy well into the cheese mix before stuffing the chili.
There are two ways of assembling these rolls. You may cut off the stem off the chilis and roll them up the classic way. Or you can trim about an inch off one side of your lumpia wrapper and then roll, stem exposed. Using two wrappers per chili will make your roll extra crispy.
Feel free to experiment with your favorite cheeses! These are easy to assemble and fry. Serve with sweet chili sauce or a Barrio Fiesta Tubasuk on the side and enjoy with an ice-cold beer.
¾ cup kesong puti (Filipino white cheese), chopped or crumbled
½ cup grated cheddar cheese
¼ cup Barrio Fiesta Bagoong Spicy
12 large green chili (siling haba), sliced lengthwise and seeded
24 spring roll wrappers
A small bowl filled with water
Oil for deep frying
- Make the filling. In a bowl, combine kesong puti, cheddar cheese and Barrio Fiesta spicy bagoong till smooth. Set aside.
- Slice green chili from stem to tip and remove seeds.
- Stuff each green chili with about 1½ to 2 tablespoons of filling.
- Get 2 spring roll wrappers, one of top of each other, and place stuffed chili about 2 inches from the edge. If you removed the stem, fold the spring roll wrapper on both sides, then roll and seal the edges with water. If you are keeping the stem, trim one side of the wrapper before rolling and sealing, leaving stem exposed.
- In a wok, heat oil till it shimmers (160°C). Gently lower lumpia into oil and fry till golden. Cool on a rack or on kitchen paper towels.
- Arrange on a platter with dip.
You love to cook and we love to share delightfully delicious recipes!
Check out these authentic Filipino dishes you can easily make with Barrio Fiesta’s specially made products.