Enjoy the fragrant and naturally sweet taste of pandan leaves combined with the savory taste of marinated pork in this dish. Pandan barbecue is a belly-filling food that adds a Filipino twist to the Thai-favorite, chicken pandan. This dish can be paired with a variety of sauces and can be eaten on its own or with rice.
This recipe uses pandan, a tropical plant known for its sweet floral aroma. It has blade-like leaves that grow in fan-shaped clusters, which are typically included in the Southeast Asia and South Asia cuisines. This ingredient is commonly used to flavor rice, drinks, and meats.
Barrio Fiesta’s Beef Broth Cube , on the other hand, provides this dish with a savory flavor. This ingredient enhances the pork’s meatiness, allowing you to experience a delectable taste.
What are you waiting for? Prepare this dish for your loved ones and serve it for lunch or dinner and even during special occasions!
- 1 kg Pork kasim, cut into chunks
- 1 whole minced garlic
- 1 cup banana ketchup
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 block Barrio Fiesta Beef Broth Cube
- 1⁄4 cup calamansi juice
- 1⁄2 cup lemon-lime soda
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tbsp cornstarch
- Pepper, to taste
- For the marinade: in a large bowl, mix banana ketchup, soy sauce, Barrio Fiesta beef broth cube, calamansi juice, lemon-lime soda, pepper, garlic, and brown
- Marinate pork meat overnight. Make sure all parts are well coated. Set aside 1 cup of marinade for the sauce.
Weave pandan leaves like a mat. Wrap the meat in the pandan leaves. Brush a bit of the marinade on the wrap. Then wrap it with aluminum foil to seal the marinade inside.
- Broil (ihaw) it or slow cook it in the oven, 275 degrees Fahrenheit for 2-3 hours.
- Heat the remaining marinade and add about 1⁄2 tbsp of cornstarch, just enough to make the sauce thick for dipping sauce.
- Serve hot with the sauce on the side or glazed over the pork.
You love to cook and we love to share delightfully delicious recipes!
Check out these authentic Filipino dishes you can easily make with Barrio Fiesta’s specially made products.